Thursday, September 24, 2009


The refrigerator box was one of the biggest hits.
Spencer's favorite thing to do was tricks.
He loved frosting the cookies. He asks all
the time if we can make more.
He painted his pumpkin and wrote his
name really big. It was so cute.
He got hives all over his body for about a week and a half.
I didn't think it would ever go away. I finally took him in to the ER
and they gave him some medication and I scrubbed the house down.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't come back.
We never did figure out what caused it.
Happy Birthday Spencer
Here is a little story about his birthday cake. My family has always put our cakes in the oven to store them until we use them. Well Jimmy has never thought this was a good idea because you could forget and turn the oven on and ruin the cake, start a fire, ect.... you get the idea. Well I don't always listen to my very wise husband ;) and I put the fun decorated cake that I bought in the oven saturday night. The next day I was getting dinner ready and turned on the oven for rolls and 15 minutes later the cake was ruined. the plastic was melted around the cake and the oven was a huge mess. Jimmy was right not a good idea to put the cake in the oven.
Happy Birthday Spencer!
Your 5!

8 comments:

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! What a darling little guy. I love his spunk. The poor little thing looked so swollen with those hives, I would have been scared to death, even though I know they are harmless, they just look really bad. Give him a big hug for me and tell him I love him!

Liz said...

That's too bad about the cake! Sounds like Spencer had a fun birthday anyway - besides the hives of course. That's terrible - I used to get hives a lot when I was younger and I hated them!! I'm glad he's doing better! Tell all the fam hi for me! I miss you guys - can't wait for Christmas to see you again.

Casey and Winter Rowland said...

oh my goodness... I cant believe that happened with your cake. I have always been scared that was going to happen.

That was so sad to see spencer with all of those hives that looked miserable. I am so sorry I just wanted to give him a big hug :(

Mary Ann said...

Cody got hives once, it was the new laundry detergent. I try not to keep anything in my oven for that very reason. I know I would totally forget to check it. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun! Cookies, pumpkin painting, the zoo...

Trent and Karen said...

I can't believe Spencer is 5!! I guess I haven't check your blog for awhile because all your kids look so much older. Fun stuff. I'm glad things are going well for you guys!!

Gunnar and Brittney said...

Love all the updates and pictures! I can't believe spencer got hives! Poor kid! Mimi is as cute as ever and Wow that jesse he is getting big!:)

Meagan Alta said...

I just read all your blogs, because your blog doesn't tell me that you update it... so I will definitely click it a lot to check. Just reading these made me want to cry! I miss you guys so much, you look like you are having a blast!! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Cetta said...

What fun, they are growing so fast!